Special Offer! Get 10% off your order when you order any 3 ebooks.
Discount will be applied in your cart
Kitchens and Access
Curated Collection of Articles from the Stepping Thru Accessibility Blog
Kitchens in mobility feature dwelling units as well as other kitchens in public and common-use areas are complex. I believe I say that about most of access, but kitchen design in and of itself is highly programmatic and adding Access into the mix also adds another level of complexity. Some of the items that complicate these kitchens over and above adaptable or usable kitchens are the requirements for compliant controls as well as 50% of the shelving to be within reach range. This requires thinking outside of the box. If you design and install a typical wall and base cabinet kitchen, more than likely you will not achieve suﬃcient accessible storage.
Purchase this ebook and learn about:
- Kitchen Design Considerations for Aging in Place
- ADA Requirements for Kitchen Storage
- Counters, Cabinetry, & Hardware
- Countertop Requirements for Accessible Kitchens Under ADA
- The Kitchen Sink – Or Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Faucets
- Refrigerators — What You Need To Know